Disorderly Conduct
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Criminal Defense
  4.  » Disorderly Conduct

Attorney Representation For Disorderly Conduct Charges In Texas

Disorderly conduct is a charge that many people face, but what it covers is a broad range of inappropriate and offensive behaviors. A person could have caused a situation that endangered others or they may have made a harmless yet vulgar gesture toward another. Nonetheless, a disorderly conduct conviction can seriously change a person’s life if they don’t get the legal representation they need.

At the office of The Law Offices of James Angelino, I take the time to listen to my Prosper clients and understand their side of the story. Rather than put your money into penalties and fines, put your money into a strong, experienced defense. As a former police officer and prosecutor, I know how the authorities think – and I use that information to protect my clients and win cases.

What Is Disorderly Conduct?

Texas considers disorderly conduct as a “catch-all” charge. Essentially, this broadly covers any action that would disturb the peace. An arrest typically starts when someone calls the police to report offensive behavior.

Section 42.01 Texas Penal Code considers the following actions as disorderly conduct:

  • Using abusive, indecent, profane, threatening or vulgar language or noises or offensive gestures or display in public spaces.
  • Creating undesirable, noxious odors in public places with the use of chemicals.
  • Causing a fight in a public space.
  • Discharging firearms or using or displaying firearms or other deadly weapons in public places or across public roads.
  • Exposing genitals or other lewd body parts in public places.

Public places can include public school campuses, hotels, parks, trains, buses and places of business.

Disorderly conduct is considered a Class C misdemeanor that can lead to a fine of up to $500.

If firearms are involved, the charge can be a Class B misdemeanor, which can lead to a $2,000 fine and 180 days in jail.

Get An Experienced Lawyer On Your Side

If you or someone you know is arrested for disorderly conduct, then I can represent you. You can get a free consultation by calling me at 214-310-9196 or reaching out via email today.